Have ever wondered why your muscles stopped growing after a few months of training even though you are training very hard? Here are 7 reasons why your muscles stopped growing and how to start getting results!
- You are training too hard – Every time you train your muscles intensely, you are actually creating micro tears throughout the muscles. In order for your muscles to gain size you need to allow proper recovery time from the damage. Each muscle group should be trained only once or at most twice a week to ensure adequate recovery.
- You are training too long – Keep your workout intense but do not workout more than an hour each time. After 45 minutes of intense training, your cortisol level will increase. This hormone is known to destroy muscle cells!
- You are sleeping too little – Muscles grow when you sleep so it is important to get the recommended 7-8 hours EVERY night. Lack of sleep will also compromise your energy levels which will impact the intensity of your workouts.
- You are drinking too much alcohol – Alcohol has been shown to break down muscle mass and inhibit muscle growth (in addition to other negative side effects!).
- You have not changed your workout routine – You should change your workout routine every 4-6 weeks. Otherwise, your muscles will adapt to what you are doing and halt growth. Our training plans use science based variables to continuously challenge your muscles and FORCE THEM TO GROW! Online training plans start at $9.99 per month!
- You do not progressively overload your muscles – You must try to increase your reps or weight every time you train a particular muscle group. Otherwise, you are not giving your muscles a reason to grow!
- You do not eat sufficient protein – Protein is the building block for your muscles. It is recommended that you need 0.8-1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight equivalent. If not enough protein is consumed with your normal diet, supplement with protein shakes. We recommend Pure Charge Nutrition because it has less than 5 ingredients and tastes great! (Use our code GreenZone15 for 15% off at checkout)
We specialize in creating innovative, effective workouts for individuals of all fitness levels – those new to the gym and advanced athletes. If you aren’t seeing results in the gym, we can help! Check out our online training programs for details.