- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 bell peppers (any color you choose), cored and sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
-In a large bowl, whisk together the tamari, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, chipotle powder, red pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir until evenly coated. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes, then add the sliced onion and peppers to the bowl and stir everything together.
-Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the marinated vegetables to the skillet and cook for about 7 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat.
-Serve the cooked vegetables warm with tortillas and other desired toppings (such as guacamole, vegan cheese, cilantro, salsa) .