Macaroni and vegetables
- 10 ounces dried macaroni (or about 2⅔ cups)
- ½-1 cup diced bell pepper
- ½-1 cup dices mushrooms
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup peeled/diced yellow potatoes (or russets)
- ¼ cup peeled/diced carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup raw cashews (soak for 30 minutes before using)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch paprika
- Fresh parsley
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Sautee onion, bell pepper and mushroom until soft. Set aside.
- Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot. Place chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion in the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend.
- When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add ¾ cup of that cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over your cooked macaroni noodles in a dish of your choice, fold in sautéed vegetables from Step 2, add toppings (optional) and serve!