Servings: 6 Cal: 135 Carb: 19g Fat: 3g Protein: 8g
Non-stick cooking spray
1 cup onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup cooked kidney beans, mostly mashed (with fork or potato masher)
1 large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch pieces
½ container extra firm tofu
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce (Bragg’s brand)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup vegetable broth (water can also be used)
- Heat skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray on medium/ high heat.
- Add garlic and chopped onions and cook until they soften and brown slightly. Then add celery and bell pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes
- Add beans, potato, peanut butter, tofu, soy sauce, and vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 20-minutess, until potatoes soften. Stir periodically to prevent sticking. If sticking does occur add a small amount of water to the pan (about 1 teaspoon as a time.
- Remove lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes