Servings:12 Calories: 79 Carb: 14g Fat: .7g Protein: 4.6g
1 ½ scoops vanilla protein
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups grated carrot
¼ cup raisins
½ cup Walden Farms pancake syrup (you can also use maple syrup but this will alter macros)
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed + 4 tablespoons water. Mix, let sit for 10 min)
½ cup pumpkin
2 organic stevia packets
½-1 cup water
Non-stick cooking spray
½ scoop protein powder. Gradually add drops of water while stirring until it turns into a frosting consistency.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, stevia, ginger and nutmeg. Gradually add water as needed. Mix well.
- Add the raisins and carrot, stir to combine
- In a separate bowl combine the maple syrup, flax eggs and pumpkin
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined
- Transfer to muffin tins
- Bake for 10-13 minutes (or until the muffins are golden brown)
- Wait to cool completely before frosting (frosting is optional)
- Muffins can be stored in refrigerator in a sealed Tupperware
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!