Servings: 8 Calories: 106 Carb: 24.5g Protein: 3.1g Fat: 1.3g
2lbs red potatoes, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (and more for garnish)
1/3 cup roughly chopped green onions, plus more for garnish
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 pickle, chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large saucepan add potatoes and cover with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are easily pierced by a knife (about 5-6 min).
- Reserve ¼ cup cooking water, then drain. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- In a blender, combine the ¼ cup cooking water, vinegar, 1/3 cup parsley, 1/3 cup green onions, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and pepper. Process until it turns into a sauce consistency.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the herbed mixture and mix well using a fork or a spoon (a fork will give the potatoes a more mashed/broken consistency). Let the potatoes rest for ten minutes tossing every few minutes
- Add the celery to the bowl, along with a couple tablespoons of chopped parsley and green onions. Toss again. Season to taste onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.