Servings: 5 Calories: 148 Carb: 25g Protein: 5g Fat: 2g
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed + 4 tablespoons water. Mix, let sit for 10-15 min)
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, halved
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup old fashioned, rolled oats
- 1–14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed, divided (about 2 cups cooked black beans)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the pumpkin puree, flax eggs, chili powder, garlic cloves, onion, cumin, oats, and half of the black beans until mostly smooth. You might have to scrape the sides a few times to get it really blended together.
- Add in the remaining black beans, and pulse. The consistency should be slightly chunky, not like that of a batter.
- Form the mixture into five large patties on the baking sheet (use a ½ measuring spoon to ensure each patty is the same size). The mixture will be soft and sticky, so wet hands in between each patty before handling to make shaping them easier.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the top of the patties look golden brown and are beginning to crack. Flip half way through cooking (around 20-minutess).
- Serve on buns or bib lettuce topped with your favorite burger toppings!