Servings: 6 Calories: 141 Carbs: 21g Protein: 7g Fat:2g
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1 slice of bread, ripped or diced into small pieces (to mimic bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup minced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper
- 2 flax eggs (1 tablespoon of flaxseed + 2 tablespoons of water. Mix, let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roughly mash the black beans with a fork or a potato masher, leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Prepare flax egg and set aside.
- Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, spices, hot pepper sauce and egg into the black beans using your hands.
- Form the black bean mixture into 5 patties.
- Bake in oven for approx. 20-minutess, flipping halfway through cooking (these can also be sautéed in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray).
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!