Servings: 10 Calories: 115 Carbs: 21g Protein: 5g Fat: 1g
- 1 cup tri-color, white, or red quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn (either frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine water, vegetable broth and quinoa in a saucepan. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is fully absorbed. Begin cooking on high then once the liquid begins to boil, turn to a simmer. Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork, crack lid and let rest for 10 minutes off heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray large foil lined baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients (seasonings, garbanzo beans, salsa and corn). Toss to combine then spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-35 minutes, stirring/tossing once at the halfway point to ensure even baking. The quinoa is done when it’s fragrant and golden brown. Be careful not to burn!
- This quinoa taco meat goes extremely well in taco shells, nachos, taco salads, tostadas, enchiladas and anything else you’d like!
Want help with plant based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!