Servings: 10 Calories: 115 Carbs: 21g Protein: 5g Fat: 1g
- 1 cup tri-color, white, or red quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn (either frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine water, vegetable broth and quinoa in a saucepan. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is fully absorbed. Begin cooking on high then once the liquid begins to boil, turn to a simmer. Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork, crack lid and let rest for 10 minutes off heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray large foil lined baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients (seasonings, garbanzo beans, salsa and corn). Toss to combine then spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-35 minutes, stirring/tossing once at the halfway point to ensure even baking. The quinoa is done when it’s fragrant and golden brown. Be careful not to burn!
- This quinoa taco meat goes extremely well in taco shells, nachos, taco salads, tostadas, enchiladas and anything else you’d like!
Want help with plant-based cooking techniques, ingredient substitutions or setting up your plant-based pantry?
Buy our ebook Green Zone Plant-Based Cooking Guide for only $14.95!