Double Chocolate Donuts
Servings: 6 Calories: 179 Carbs: 22g Protein: 6g Fat: 7g
4 tablespoons ground flax seed
8 tablespoons water
1/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup gluten-free oats
1 cup gluten-free flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
2 organic Stevia packets
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk (you can use almond milk if you prefer)
7 dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray the donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the ground flax seed + water to make flax eggs. Allow them to sit for 10 minutes to thicken/combine.
3. Stir together almond flour, gluten-free flour, baking powder, pancake syrup, cocoa powder and unsweetened coconut milk to a bowl and mix until combined. Add in flax eggs. The mix should be somewhat thick, but if it is clumpy or very difficult to stir, add in a little more milk or water. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon batter into the donut pan or put into a ziploc bag, cut the corner, and ‘pipe’ donuts into your pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Leave a Comment