1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 (14-oz.) package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed to remove excess moisture
1 large peach, cut in cube sized pieces
1 red onion, cut into cube sized pieces
1 bell pepper, cut into cube sized pieces
1 bunch of green onion for garnish (optional)
2 tsp. olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp. lower-sodium soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
2 tsp. Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
½ tsp. chili garlic sauce (you can find this in the Asian foods isle of the grocery store)
- Combine all dry spices. Set aside.
- Combine all liquid seasonings in a separate container. Set aside.
- Slice tofu into 1-inch thick cubes. Thread tofu pieces, bell pepper, peach pieces, and red onion evenly onto each of 5 (8-inch) skewers. Lightly coat with cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with spice mixture.
- Heat a grill pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat (you can also cook these on a gas grill). Place skewers on pan and grill 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush liquid seasonings mixture evenly over skewers while cooking.
- Place the green onions on at the end (they will only take 2-3 minutes).
- Serve over rice, on a bed of quinoa or in tacos!