Servings: 8 Calories: 173 Carbs: 30g Protein: 4g Fat: 4g
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
8 ounces linguine pasta (we used Ancient Harvest Corn & Quinoa pasta)
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth + 1 cup of water
1 cup pumpkin puree
½ cup white wine (Chardonnay or another dry wine of your choice)
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pinch of red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 475. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Chop cauliflower into bite size pieces and put on the baking sheet. Season with garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Bake in oven for approx. 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Prepare the pasta mixture while the cauliflower is baking.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except parsley and cooked cauliflower) to a large pot.
- Place pot over high head and bring to a boil. When pot begins to boil, set a timer for 9 minutes. Stir and toss with tongs as it cooks (stir frequently in the beginning to break up the noodles).
- After 9 minutes, the pasta should be cooked and thickened. Stir in parsley and cooked cauliflower.
- Stir, taste and add any additional seasonings as necessary.
*Leftovers can be store in the fridge or freezer.
*Feel free to use edamame pasta to add more protein to the dish or top the dish with protein of your